Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Gigabox with mesh

Options
  • 15-02-2024 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi - I've found some posts that discuss something similar to my issue but can't seem to find a definitive solution, so apologies if an answer to this is buried somewhere in one of the other discussions about Vodafone Gigabox.

We recently switched to Vodafone broadband with Vodafone TV PLAY box. With our previously 2 providers, I had a Fritzbox mesh set up. Siro coming into main Fritzbox, and then a 2nd Fritzbox in our office used to extend our wifi to the back of the house. It all worked great. Cut to Vodafone and the engineer arrived to install our new modem. I told them I didn't want the Gigabox modem as the system I had was fine, but he said we needed the Gigabox for the TV Play, otherwise it wouldn't work. I took him at his word, but now I can't get my mesh back. The Fritzbox in our office won't seem to connect to the Gigabox. Does anyone have experience with this and can help me troubleshoot?

Alternatively, is it possible to revert to my original setup with the 2 Fritzboxes and then just add the Gigabox as another router and have the TV Play box go through that particular router? Is that port forwarding? I am not well-versed in network configs - setting up my original mesh took a fair amount of Googling :)

Thanks a lot.

Comments

Advertisement