Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using custom appliance with pfsense and Vodafone Ftth-pppoE

Options
  • 15-02-2024 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I would like to setup my own custom router using pfsense / opnsense and a small appliance such as one of these - https://eu.protectli.com/vault-4-port/

I currently have vodafone fibrebroad band with a vodafone gigabox router that has a static ip assigned to it.

Has anyone done anything like this before and can the pfsense/ opnsense built router be plugged straight into the wan connection instead of the router? Or do I need to change the vodafone router into bridge mode and then connect the pfsense router to that?

Just looking for some advice if anyone has done this before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Got this working got the ppoe authientication details from vodafone and it uses vlan 10 so set that up and it's now working fine.

ONly issue is it's a lot slower then the vodafone router.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

Hi there,

I bought a Netgate 1100 and I'm having a bit of difficulty in getting it set up.

Did you add you PPPoe details in the initial configuration set up?

Advertisement