Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Renovating Integral Damage

Options
  • 14-02-2024 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. As the title suggests I’m consider renovating an integral garage. It’s about 15 sq metres. The floor of the garage is about a foot lower than the rest of the house and it would need a window at the side as well. The boiler is currently inside it so that would have to be moved outside as well. Any ideas on a ball park price for something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Like any building work, it depends on the spec of the job and availability of builders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭enricoh

Depends where u are but hard to get a builder to do a small job like that.

Get a plumber to shift boiler first n stick in a rad. are u handy yourself? Not much in it if you are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭doc_17

Thanks. I’m in Donegal. A garage door to be removed, the floor would have to be raised a little, has to be dry lined, replace an existing window plus a new one, and then either tile it or wooden floor. A few sockets needed as well. I’d only be useful at the latter end, painting etc…

It wouldn’t need to be the biggest spec available, just closed in at the minute. Online it says about €20k. That wouldn’t be far off the mark??

Advertisement