Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which electric trolley?

Options
  • 14-02-2024 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to purchase an electric trolley this year.

Looking for any advice or recommendations. The main two obviously seem to be motocaddy or powakaddy, I presume both are good. Decision may come down to price, whatever one I spot on sale might be the one I go for. Ideally I'd try get something for €650 or less

Open to any advice or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Golfglider.

irish company. trolleys virtually bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Russman

100% this ^^

I'd add excellent customer service / after sales too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭big_drive

Had a look online. They'd want to be good because they're fair ugly looking yokes

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Don't be a novice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

Don't bother with 36 hole batteries unless you will regularly play 2 rounds in a day. Personally I wouldn't bother with GPS as I have a watch but you can also use a phone anyway.

If boot or storage space is an issue, the powakaddy CT is a good shout. I have one for a couple of seasons and it's been a great trolley. Would also recommend getting a bag for it. Your car will be cleaner and the other half will be much happier.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I picked up a 2nd hand CT6 about a month ago and I'm delighted with it.

CT range is more expensive but I wanted something that folded up small for storage. Agree on getting a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I have a golf glider and would also recommend. I have it a long time, as in 15+ years and there has been very little servicing required. like maybe cables changed once for about 20 quid and a new set of tyres once.

in fairness, they are built old school style.... ie meant to last. unlike most modern stuff which tends to be build to be replaced 😂

would recommend going with what you like though OP as it all boils down to preference

and ya, also think GPS is unnecessary as most of us have a watch/laser etc and it just adds unnecessary cost and is just something else to go wrong with the cart. also worth considering if you do go for a gps one, how it gets updates and how many courses are pre loaded etc

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

I have a Powakaddy CT6 - I have had to have both wheel changed under warranty along with a new gearbox. I find it quite noisy compared to previous poawkaddys.

I got it because I can access the pelican pocket on the tour bag while it sits normally on the buggy rather than having to turn the bag. As said previously it does fold nice and small.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭REFLINE1

I have the Motocaddy M1, folds up nice & compact, have it a few years and no problems, good piece of kit. Have the MC cart bag as well, they have a nice click connect system which locks the bag in place at the base thats very convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭big_drive

Ya I saw that click connection thing mentioned online. Looks like a nice feature. The motocaddy bags are plain enough looking things but get excellent reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

I have had a very powakaddy over the years. I changed to motocaddy and in my opinion motocaddy are better quality all round. And brolly is much more sturdy.

Advertisement