Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fatballs birds not touching them

Options
  • 14-02-2024 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

Got some new ones from svalu and they're untouched

I guess they don't like them ? The other ones were from homeland stores

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

It's Ash Wednesday. They will be back at it tomorrow! 😀

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Funny you should mention ash.... ash is actually a filler ingredient in most of the cheap fatballs! Any of the pale rock-hard ones.

Re: birds not touching them, it could be that they're poor quality and/or rock hard. Or it might just take the birds a few days to cop onto them, and they'll eat them ok after that. Time will tell!

I highly recommend people make their own - very cost effective and better quality. Beef dripping blocks from the butter section of the supermarket, plus raisins/sultanas etc, and you can add mixed seed etc if you want too.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

My lads don't do lent and love their Digestives with a bit of butter, take the hand of you for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

El cheapo in Dealz in the south or Poundland in the north.My birdies don't discriminate.Tomhammer - Have you watched the birds ignore your fatballs.I ask because a lot of the finch family have been hit by a disease in the last 6 mths-forgotten the name.

Advertisement