Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in Malahide Marina Village - any known issues

Options
  • 14-02-2024 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, I am considering a move to the Malahide Marina Village. Since it is an older complex, I was concerned there may be issues. In other older complexes there are some issues with the construction. Any knowledge of such? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,250 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No specific knowledge, but it is in an exposed location on a sand spit next to a sewage works and an elevated railway.

It was built in the early 1990s and still seems popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hopefulnow3

Hi,

Seconding the mention of the sewage works; it can stink +++ and Malahide mosquitoes love to challege the area. the marina is the congregation spot for teens and can get colourful over weekends etc.. Some people hate the train noise and tourist influx over the summer. On the plus side, you're perfectly placed to enjoy the 40+ eateries in Malahide and your backyard is occasinally used as filmng location!

Good luck,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I have a boat on the marina in Malahide and is the wind is blowing from a northerly direction, then the smell of teh sewage treatment plant wafts down through the marina.... Also the water flowing through the marina close to the wall/apartments can look rather disgusting at the best of times.

Every time we walk from the marina to the village, we walk past the ground floor apartments back gardens which offer zero privacy, and we always say how horrible it would be to live in one of them.... so the only tip I could offer would be to avoid a ground floor where there is full public access to the end of the back garden/patio..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

I have a relative who lives there. She loves it. Has lived there for 10+ years. She has a great landlord though and is renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

A friend of mine also lives there and has done so for years and loves it. No problems at all, he loves being close to the village, the train station and being by the sea.

Only issue is the smell as mentioned above but it's not a huge issue. The area can also be busy during the summer. The apartments themselves can appear somewhat dated having been constructed in the 90s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

I lived there for a few years and did not come across any major issues. The only real issue I experienced is the soundproofing can be poor, I had to get my bedrooms soundproofed as I could hear my neighbours quite clearly.

Also some of the rental apartments can look quite dated if they haven't been touched in years, this didn't bother me as I had planned to gut the place anyway. They are also quite expensive as you would expect given the prime location.

Other than that, I really liked it there. I found the management company to be very good, proactive in maintenance and responding the queries etc. Can't say I ever noticed the smell that the other posts were referring to, maybe I just put it down to the natural sea smell!

One other thing to note is that there are major Dart extension works planned in the relatively near future which will cause major disruption to the apartments near the Dart line, planned to go on for 2+ years so I believe.

Advertisement