Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusheen Ard/ Cairns Road?

Options
  • 14-02-2024 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello folks

I've been renting in Sligo for 3 years now and am looking to get a house (for my sins....final prices are way above the asking on every property ...could start a separate thread but sure it's the same everywhere I guess....)

But anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of living in Rusheen Ard, which is in Caltragh? The houses are timberframe - so does noise travel? Are the gas bills huge? There's only one exit entrance to this huge estate - so would there be massive traffic jams in the morning/evening?

It's a beautuful estate to walk around and well-cared for, but do you feel safe - with so many houses (250 I think) there would have to be a few messers?

And what is the Cairns Road area like ? There are lots of huge housing estates there too around Markevievcz Park - so my questions above also apply , is there any hassle in that area or is it pretty quiet?

I know there have been some horrible high profile killings where the killers had addresses from that area....but those were very unusual isolated incidents ...would you feel safe living there or do you have friends with experiences good/bad or indifferent

All advice/opinions would be very welcome!

(and thanks!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Rusheen Ard - Should be fine but yes you will get a few 'messers' esp if you go on past it & drive around the last estate which is just next door!

But it's location is good with main roads & into town. (Bus service too)

Cairns road is good too but also highly populated, has good roads & bus links as well.

Both high rental areas so just do homework on any potential house, view at different days & different hours etc.

Like anywhere, could be a great house but direct neighbours could be a nightmare to be close to. So do your homework.

Good luck with the searching.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tumblefull

Thank you @BronsonTB, really appreciate that.

It's always an unknown but like you advise, I have been walking around them both at different times of the afternoon/evening just to see what the craic is. Thanks for replying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

I live in one of the estates in the Cairns Road area. We’ve been here for over 30 years(!!). It’s a lovely area and I’d highly recommend it. Best of luck with your search and wherever you decide on I hope you’ll be as happy as we’ve been here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Cairns Rd by a mile, unless you are into drugs.

Rusheen Ard is next door to a ghetto and the council will be purchasing Rusheen Ard properties in the coming years for whatever reason so you're likely to end up with anyone as a neighbour.

Speaking from experience as have family that ended up selling up in town over the years due to who gets landed in locally.

Advertisement