Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Alarm Cable Install

Options
  • 14-02-2024 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, only new the forum so this is first post, we are currently carrying out a job and have clipped fire alarm cable to the timber joice at the roof, consultants are now looking for proof that this is acceptable, now i cannot see exactly in the regs where it allows this or doesn't allow it but I do know most fire alarms in houses etc are all clipped in roof space on joices, so why now is this un acceptable? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Isn't the commercial work all regulated now

The work covered by IS3218 and installers have certification

Not sure what the issue would be . Did they give any reason ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LNE Spark

They are saying "The methods of cable support should be non-combustible and should with stand a similar temperature and duration to that of the cable, while maintaining adequate support"

The fixings we have used are non combustible so I don't know how we are being non compliant or what their issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bruthal.

What they likely are talking about is the fixings should last as long as the cable. So they shouldn't melt and let the cable start becoming unfixed.

Advertisement