Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb NBI FTTH Disconnect Issues

Options
  • 13-02-2024 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I went from a WISP to NBI FTTH back in December. Unfortunately I've been having a lot of issues with my Digiweb connection. The speed is always 110% of what it is supposed to be which is great (almost always 550/55 with a ping of 12) but we've been having an issue with random disconnects. Does anyone else have this issue? Have replaced the cat6 between ONT and router several times, replaced the router (digiweb sent me a brand new one), factory reset another spare I had and used it, had NBI out today and the fibre connection is 100%. The connection could be fine for days with no disconnect then suddenly one day it decides to disconnect multiple times across the day. The worst day of it I counted over 30 disconnects. I only have the most recent log file which I've attached. Do I just need to change provider at this stage to see does that solve the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭manatoo

I had this problem with Vodafone broadband. Not as severe as yours but random disconnects a couple of times a week, seemingly always when I was right in the middle of a work Teams call.

I tried everything with Vodafone, new router, multiple changes of settings, guy came out to test the line, they even brought out Eir networks who changed my connection to the cabinet on the street from the exchange. Nothing fixed it. Eventually switched to Pure Telecom. Problem solved.

That's not FTTH tho, just FTTC

Advertisement