Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspension Set Up - Kildare Area

Options
  • 13-02-2024 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of someone around Kildare that can set up a suspension?

I recently got a new adjustable rear shock and heavier front springs installed on my VFR, to suit my weight, but I need someone that can set it up correctly for me (adjust preload, SAG settings etc).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Is your sag far out of range?

It's really not difficult to do with either the correct tools or a hammer and screwdriver. Slow small adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I dont know. Everywhere i read, says it needs another person to measure sag, while I sit on the bike with my gear on. Thats why why i am looking for a place that can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Again, it's straight forward to do solo. Use a piece a string tied to your rear disk if holding a measuring tape is tricky.

If that's too much Verify your static sag, you dont even need to gear up and sit in the bike. If it's in range you're good.

Sag is only a useful measure if.. Everything else is working perfectly, shock & linkage smooth and serviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Get a buddy to give you a hand with setting the sag. If things like linkages are moving nicely then setting the correct sag will, at least, get you into the optimum zone for suspension movement, i.e. you'll be taking advantage of the full range of the suspension. You can then go on to do more detailed settings from there.

I think NDM Motorcycles serviced Ohlins shocks for a while. If they're doing that then they know how to set up suspension so they might be worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Unfortunatley I dont know anyone that can help out.

I'll check out NDM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

It probably doesn't have to be someone who is into bikes - anyone who can hold a ruler or measuring tape can probably give you a hand.

Try NDM though!

Advertisement