Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone advice on planning a short enough notice Elopement within Ireland?

Options
  • 13-02-2024 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

We have decided to elope at the end of August on our anniversary just to make things legal and maybe have a wedding abroad in future.

It would be just the two of us, plus our two witnesses for the ceremony and if by some miracle a photographer/videographer is present.

Since the day falls on a Saturday, a registration office is not an option and we need to find our own celebrant and approved venue.

All information regarding elopements is geared towards Northern Americans and not anyone domestically, with packages being advertised by planners that cost almost as much as having a wedding with guests for a single day - not to mention half of them take place on the side of a cliff which as romantic as it may seem to outsiders, we experience enough of the Irish weather to know better than to attempt wedding vows in the wind and rain so it isn't for us.

I have tried to reach out to multiple hotel venues that say they have the facilities for civil marriages but then the brochure comes with minimum guest requirements etc so I don't think anyone is reading my enquiries properly to see that I am looking for a place to get married alone.

Eloping is supposed to be the cheap and easy way out but so far I am feeling very deflated about our prospects. If anyone has gone through a similar process, advice would be so very appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

Advertisement