Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News Pixellation

Options
  • 12-02-2024 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Sky News has again (since the New Year) been pixellated on Saorview. It's as if there's something not correct in the software to smooth out render of lines. As it's 720lines, I find the whites nice and bright on Saorview compared to the Freeview signal from UK. Does anyone know what causes the pixellation problem - there was one day two weeks ago, the picture on Sky News was nice and sharp, the next day back to pixellation (presumably to do with the tests on other channels). I've mentioned here before, and within two weeks the last time, it was fixed. Is it a problem at the Sky end, or at Saorview trying to compress the signal and the software is doing something odd. I'd appreciate knowing, so I can email people to fix it the next time it happens!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

On Channel 45 from Clermont Carn it looks normal to me this evening, but I never watch it. I have a very strong signal, so I would not expect any pixellation. I associate intermittent pixellation with a marginal signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It has had broadcast issues from day #1, maybe it was fixed on occasion - but I don't watch it enough to tell.

Saorview is inferior, even looks darker, and has jagged edges around text, contrasting areas etc.

I don't think anyone (Sky or Saorview) care to be honest.

Advertisement