Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Redex and the like in the tank DURING the test..Yay or Nay

Options
  • 12-02-2024 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭

I was just over the limit for the CO level on high idle.... Combination of a it being an old 2ltr petrol auto, and the factbthat on the day of the test it was really foggy so I couldn't blowout the cobwebs.

I'll horse in some redex beforehand, but it got me thinking, should you actually have any additives in the tank during the test, or is it best to run it out of the tank first and top up with fresh petrol first??

On my diesels I've always started adding dipetane anfew tanks before the test, and it was still in it during, never had any problems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Throw some in tank now, doesn’t matter if it’s still in the tank during the test.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement