Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Boradband - No ONT

Options
  • 12-02-2024 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all,

So, after trying and failing to get my VM broadband to extend into the block built shed in my back garden (which will be a home office imminently), I set up a separate account with Vodafone to service the home office. I'm an existing mobile customer, and explained over chat the specific needs. Told me no problem, and booked someone in to 'install' the broadband today.

Come 5pm nobody had showed, so I called and was informed that everything had been set up remotely. the problem is that there is no ONT box in the shed, and I am unsure as to how exactly I go about getting this set up? I had, stupidly on my part, assumed this was the installation that was to take place today.

Any help anyone can provide to help me get this set up would be very welcome! I assume (hope) there is someone I can call to help get this sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

How far is the shed from first available Ethernet port in the house?

< 100m - run CAT cable from house to shed, >100 - could do optics cable run with Ethernet-to-optics adapters or consider WiFi point-to-point.

Equipment would pay off in a year or so rather paying double bill to VM, VF or other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Is your VM connection proper fibre?

If it is, then I presume your home office doesn't have it's own eircode, so I wonder did the VF person think they could take over the VM fibre in your house.

BTW - as usual, what @smuggler.ie suggested above would be the better option(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

"...I'm an existing mobile customer, and explained over chat the specific needs. Told me no problem, and booked someone in to 'install' the broadband today..."

Potentially mobile broadband, delivered by post. Plug-and-play with SIM card, providing you have coverage. I would exercise "14d cool off" option without even opening the parcel as it was order over the phone.

Advertisement