Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Waste invoice charges

Options
  • 12-02-2024 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

2 weeks ago in addition to the 11.50 bin lift charge there were 4 separate invoice charges taken off the account of 4 euro each, on 4 consecutive days during the week.

They basically took 20 euro off the account balance which meant we needed to top up again to get the bin lift covered when we should have had enough to cover 2 lifts in the account.

I rang up and queried this and by god the customer service is dire. Rude agent that spoke over me and tried to rush me off the phone because 'we finish at 6'.

I was told people in Donegal were not getting charged a 4 euro per month service charge that they should have, so they decided to just slap the backdated charges onto the account without warning.

When I asked why no information or warning was communicated to customers about this I got no explanation only waffle. I was told 'obviously we had to charge this'. No it's not obvious in fact nothing on their website or terms and conditions states anything about it. The agent actually told me they wanted to backdate it farther but limited it to 4 months (how generous).

They really are a garbage company (no pun intended). They must have the only app in the world where after you top up your account it shows your credit as being in negative by the amount you topped up by, and if your balance doesn't have a minus sign in front that actually means you owe them! Totally confusing and backwards.

Has anyone else had these multiple surprise charges? I'm sure many do, as one of the options on their menu is 'if you're calling to query invoice charges, press 2'. Why didn't they at least warn people they were gonna be robbed of 20 euro at the end of January?

Was anyone actually told ahead of time (they claim some were)? Is there any ombudsman type thing you can complain to? Because you get nowhere with their customer service and this charging what they like out of nowhere with no warning doesn't seem right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must check with my parents since I think they're with them.

I do know my parents had trouble with them having no record of deposits being made to their account for a few months so were being accused of owing them money. My dad had to provide the receipts to show them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pretty sure I got a message through the app about it in December. as far as I know all thr other companies have s standing charge I think the pay per lift was something left from ferry's days.

anyway waste charges are only going one way especially with the new recycling scheme skimming off the stuff worth money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Why do none of the big providers in Donegal (Panda, Donegal Waste or DM Waste) provide decent sized compost bins and just give the crappy little 25L caddy?

Advertisement