Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Membership Renewal Fee

Options
  • 12-02-2024 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

If this isn't allowed please delete.

Got the renewal fee in for the club today....went up €90.....thats for two non playing adults and three girls, u15, u14, u12...they play both camogie and football.

So it's €350 for the year now. Is this an average cost for club membership? It's in Galway.

I'll pay it cos the girls love playing but it just seems like a big hike.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's often a family membership option, maybe ask the club. I'm guessing the club isn't following the One Club model so you are probably paying for 2 associations, so in theory that's 6 playing memberships and 2 non-playing, for less than €50 each it's not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

That is the family option...they limited t to €350 . It was €260 last year... it is a one club...3 codes joined up a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

This might be seen as contentious (and I certainly don't want to kick off an argument about it with anybody!), but you have to bear in mind that the "One Club" model is really just an artificial construct until or unless there's full integration. Even if it were just the camogie and LGFA wings of the club operating together (as they do in my own place), the reality is that officially, they're still two separate entities, having to pay separate dues to two separate organisations. These would include two fairly sizeable contributions to the Player Injury Funds.

So, in essence, you're actually getting six player memberships (3 x camogie and LGFA) and six adult non-player memberships (2 x GAA, camogie and LGFA) for your money. For what it's worth, in my own place in Co. Wexford, the same thing for three girls of those ages and two non-playing adults would be €370.

As regards a price increase in your own place - membership fees would have been set at AGM, which you'd have been entitled to attend, as it seems you were already a paid-up member last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Think ours is €360 one adult with voting rights, three kids playing u16, u11 and u8. No subs collected during the year which is a gift if you ask me. By comparison one of my lads plays soccer and the membership is €80 plus €20 a month for about 9/10 months of the year. And the soccer club is renting facilities all over the place. I think in our club the fee is the same if you are GAA, LGFA or Camoige. The difference as far as I am aware is there is a fairly substantial chunk of affiliation fee from each LGFA membership goes to "head office". Not sure on the camoige one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Trampas

Ours is 2 kids (1 of each) and 2 adults (not playing but helping the kids teams) €295

€150 per child alone

• Advertisement
Advertisement