Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good student received 'yet to meet expectations'

Options
  • 12-02-2024 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

DC received the above in Gaeilge CB2. This is all new to me. Teacher's remarks were " Excellent student, excellent homework, great participation in class" other CBAs received in other subjects, 'Above expectations' and 'In line with expectations'.....

Will this be his final grade descriptor?, it has knocked child's confidence. Determined to do well in written exam for JC '24.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭HazeDoll

The CBA results don't matter at all. Not at all.

However, you should double check with the child that he submitted the work on time, in line with the brief etc. If he is still unable to explain the result he can ask his teacher, there is always the chance that he/she ticked the wrong box when inputting results. If that's the case the teacher will be glad to alter the result. Don't get involved yourself, let him take the reins on this as the stakes are low and this is something he should be well able to tackle on his own. Whatever you do, don't go wading in expecting a teacher to bow to pressure to change a result.

This, by the way, is why we can never allow continuous assessment or any form of teacher-assessed final exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 starbear

Many thanks for reply Hazedoll. I'm not one for confrontation. I understand how much pressure our educators are under these days. I quized child there, and yes project was late. A nice wake up call he got there, fingers crossed, no more bumps in the road!

Advertisement