Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy one - probably

Options
  • 12-02-2024 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but which is better, a 2018 Lenovo ThinkPad T580 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz with 8gb RAM but its battery is shot or a 2020 Yoga 7 15ITL5 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz with 8gb RAM?

Both have 500gb SSD's.

The use case is to re-purpose one of them as a dedicated home office desktop machine powering 2 Acer 27" QHD screens with the laptop screen not in use. Both have USB C Thunderbolt ports which daisy chain the two screens so they are equal from that perspective.

They will permanently reside on the desk and not be used for travel or on the road in any way.

I'm guessing the Yoga 7 is by far the better machine but its still got a decent battery so I'm kind of reluctant to retire it to the desk whereas the T580 is zero use as anything other than a permanently powered PC.

The workload will be MS Office apps (Outlook, MS Work, Excel etc) and lots of Chrome tabs open for research.

Yoga all the way?

Comments

Advertisement