Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm - Changed Router

Options
  • 12-02-2024 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I have a HKC alarm system which connects to the Securecomm system via my home wifi. I changed providers recently so need to reconnect the alarm to the new wifi network/router. Rather than have to call out the installer (who has the engineer code - I'm afraid I don't), I found that HKC recommend changing the SSID and password of the new router to that of the old router and everything should reconnect ok?

I have done this and although the fault light on the panel has gone off, presumably telling me that it is connected to my new wifi network, I cannot connect to the site via the HKC app?

Does it take some time for my alarm to check in with the HKC server or does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

It eventually made contact with the HKC server after a few hours, so all is working perfectly again.

Many Thanks

Advertisement