Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimmage - Brookfield - Floodings

Options
  • 12-02-2024 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,

can anybody who is familiar with this area tell me if it's subject to floods/how often they happen?

I have checked online and it looks like it does get flooded every now and then, but not all the roads that are part of Brookfield will get flooded.

The prices of the houses are also slightly cheaper and I wonder if it's for that or for other reasons (fir example if it is a safe enough zone for non-Irish people to raise a family there).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I live around the corner from there and have never heard of flooding being an issue. I'd say the houses are slightly cheaper than the normal because they're tiny.

The estate and whole surrounding area is incredibly safe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've lived in the area for 18 years and in that time I think the Poddle has burst its banks once, in 2011. I couldn't tell you exactly what effect it had on Brookfield but there weren't any incidents of note up that end. Harold's Cross got the worst of it, with one fatality.

A flood alleviation scheme for the Poddle is currently under way: https://www.poddlefas.ie/

Advertisement