Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snr Picky Puppy V 2.0 and home made meals

Options
  • 12-02-2024 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

So my lady has now progressed to an amazing old age of nearly 15, shes still fairly mobile ish, does a 1.5-2km strole every day, has a small but of difficulty lowering herself down due to not being sure of the leg she had the operationa while back but no hassle getting up. Eventually the mobiluty will get her unfortunately.

Some might remember i couldnt get her to eat about a year ago, well we ended up on butternut box and it solved the issue....until now.... she stopped eating 1.5 weeks ago, well stopped eating the butternut box, had her at the vets and urine,bloods etc all in really good condition for her age. Vet said just keep trying to feed her.

I tried another raw food, no good, tried various vet food, no good. So today i cooked some Turkey mince, rice and pea's and it was gone in 30 seconds.

So is this ok for me to continue making meals for her? To be clear lads id be very suprised if we were still here in 12 months, every day is a blessing at this stage and i really just want her to eat and be happy.

I also need to keep her stool relatively solid, will this food cause me issue ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Cook away! Absolutely no problem doing so. I've always found the oldies prefer their grub cooked anyway, and who are we to deny them?😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thanks DBB another feed gone already this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Absolutely fine. In thier golden years they enjoy the finer things in life, like personal chef prepared meals.

My lad is going 16. I've expected each of the last few years to be his last, but showing no signs of it. You might be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Hopefully Mellor! Were doing everything we can to make sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭blackbox

Best wishes for your dog, but using "puppy" in the title is mighty misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Great that she’s doing so well and demanding better food! 😆 Definitely feed her what she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is it? I thought the irony was immediately obvious 1/4 way into the first sentence.

Advertisement