Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Switch

Options
  • 12-02-2024 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi everyone,

i have eir broadband coming into my house upstairs. I bought a network switch (unmanaged) and connected another 2 modems/routers that i have placed downstairs. Both working fine separate networks and working great. The switch has 5 ports but when i add another router/modem it doesn’t work. It says “connected no internet”. The other 2 still work fine. I tried two other routers and the same result. I checked the cables and it isn’t that either as the work for the others. I then bought a new network switch thinking it must be that but this gives me the exact same result. 2 routers will work but no more. All have green lights?..

I have tried everything i can think of, does eir restrict my usage or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

What are you trying to achieve?

Having multiple routers connected like that in a residential setting is crazy.

The reason it doesn't work when you connect the additional one is that you don't have any more public ip addresses assigned to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Answer this from the post above: What are you trying to achieve?

Because without this info i can start think you are out of your mind , have some crazy ideas or no clue how network work...

My Xmas tree had blue, red and amber light last December if this indicate anything

Advertisement