Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint ill

Options
  • 11-02-2024 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Evening all,

Have an 8 wk old heifer with joint ill. Treated with noroclav and recocam on and off for the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately putting no weight on the front leg where she has the infection around the knee. I was squeezing out the infection on numerous occasions pure white mayonnaise in colour but I think I’m flogging a dead horse as no weight being put on the leg. Had the vet out as well at the beginning. Anyone have any success treating it ?

Apart from the illness she is in good form and sucking and thriving but no change with the leg. I presume the only option is putting her down or has anyone had a different outcome with this horrible infection?

Thanks

Post edited by greysides on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

I think you may be in the wrong place to ask .... this is the Weather Forum .... I hope your heifer gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Who2

I’ve had success a good few times, I would treat with either noroclav or Linco spectum but it needs to be constant and I would always keep treating as long as it took, some up to five weeks. Pure torture, now I ensure all navels get well coated in iodine and thankfully it’s been years since I got it in any of the calves.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Closing thread as duplicate thread has been started by the OP.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement