Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Renovation

Options
  • 11-02-2024 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations to get my bathroom refurbished. Looking for someone to quote for start to finish and some design ideas.

has anyone combined en suite and bathroom for example.

many idea of what costs I’d be looking at currently?

Post edited by anewme on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,830 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What size is your current bathroom and what do you want in the new one?

Don't understand what you mean by combining en suite and bathroom, could you be more specific?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My current bathroom and ensuite back onto each other and are both tiny. Think standard 3 bed semi. I’m not sure if it’s an option to break down the wall between the two and have one larger bathroom with maybe a walk in shower instead of the tiny corner shower I have now.

maybe it’s better ti keep them separate (devalue the house by losing a bathroom?)

im just wondering if anyone’s got their bathroom refurbished and what the costs are currently.

removal of old suite and tiles, new , suite , lighting etc

Post edited by anewme on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

Budget about €10- 12k for a full refurb. With new suite, floor and walls tiled etc.

Thanks, one company said they don’t come out to quote under 15k !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

We got a relatively small upstairs bathroom and a downstairs toilet done and it came in about €13k.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

I did that with the bathroom and ensuite knocked down the dividing wall

Best thing we ever done we now have a bathroom that's spacious with both shower and bath

Done a lot of the labouring myself ie knock down wall remove old tiles reslabing after first fix electrical and plumbing replaced the old floor and put cement board on for Tiler

I'm in construction so I knew a plumber and tiler and my son in law is an electrician

Still id budget for 12 or 13k

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That's where we are at at the minute.

Nuts really.

Regarding opening up both bathrooms, it's possible that the dividing wall is structural if located roughly centrally within the house so that would add difficulty.

An Engineer would confirm if structural or not.

Of you have interest is driving the job on yourself, you could get trades in to do the various works. These refurb companies are expensive compared to what the job can be done for.

Thank you very much! I don’t know if it would cause bother to knock the wall so I would need someone to look at it.

organising and scheduling trades is really not in my skill set at all , so I’d need it done start to finish, even if it costs more.

I suppose the bigger places charge more. Was looking at tiles today and they were 130 per metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,830 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sounds like you're in or around Dublin which can have a huge effect on prices of everything.

Most good "All in one" bathroom renovation companies are fairly booked out with the option to pick and choose which jobs they want. Prices are gone crazy expensive for tradesmen so they prefer the customers who are only interested in the very high range products as you can charge a lot more to fit more expensive tiles, showers, bathroom ware ect.

Having said that most experienced companies should be able to give you a minimum price over the phone for an average sized bathroom. 10-12k should be achievable if you're not expecting all top of the range fittings but I've seen people pay a lot more.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
Advertisement