Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom FTTH Siro FRITZ!Box 7530 internal LAN IP Address space.

Options
  • 10-02-2024 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi, I just moved from SKY Siro to Pure Telecom and overall I'm quite happy so far. I do have an issue, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to confidently tackle it.

My previous Sky router was configured to 192.168.0.1, and allocated internal IPv4 address in this range. ie: 192.168.0.XX. All of my existing devices are configured for this IP range. The Fritz box's gateway is 192.168.178.1 and is allocates internal IP's in this range, ie: 192.169.178.XX! I tried allocating my NAS it's old IP address via the router's IP allocation but is refuses, giving an error.

I have found the settings page that allows me to configure the IPV4 address. It warns: "Enter the IPv4 address at which the FRITZ!Box can be reached in the local network. Attention! Changes on this page may have the result that the FRITZ!Box can no longer be reached. Be sure to consult the Help before making any changes here."

I presume i can change my IPv4 address to 192.168.0.1 and my leave my Subnet Mask at 225.225.225.0, and then change my DHCP server to 192.168.0.20 - 200!

If I screw it up and need to reset my Fritz!Box will the Pure Telecom setting need to be restored by me, or is it remotely configured?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

Yeah that should be all you need to do. Also don't forget to change the Local DNS server to 192.168.0.1 on the same page.

The emergency fall back IP on the Fritzbox is http://169.254.1.1. I've used it once when one of my 7530s went funny and dropped off the wifi mesh. Think I set my computer IP to 169.254.1.2 manually and used an Ethernet cable to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

Thanks for that. Will do that, but I'll wait till Monday so I can call CS in the inevitable FU!

Advertisement