Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky FTTH & Virgin Media Player issues

Options
  • 10-02-2024 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭

I recently switched from Virgin cable broadband to Sky FTTH.

Since then the Virgin Media Player app on any device connected to Wi-Fi fails to play content. The pre-roll program ad will play but the playback of live or on-demand content doesn't work, just spinning circle & then kicks back to menu.

Once I disable Wi-Fi on a mobile device & use mobile data only, the live/on-demand content will play fine.

It must be an IP address issue. I ran IP address lockup with 1 of the IP look-up services reporting back my IP as from Barnsley, England. All other correctly flag IP from Dublin, Sky UK Limited. I've reset router a few times now to get new WAN IP address but hasn't fixed issue yet. Are Sky re-using Sky UK broadband IP addresses?

RTE Player works fine so their IP look-up/geo-location is working as expected.

Anyone have or had this issue with Sky FTTH?

Advertisement