Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to manage a Parent/Child ski holiday.

Options
  • 10-02-2024 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience with a single parent bringing one child on a ski holiday.

I won't need lessons but my daughter will, she's 13.

I was planning on putting her into morning ski lessons, which would give me the freedom to get some skiing done during the morning and then spending some time on the slopes with her after lunch.

Anyone done something like this before? How did it work out?

Planning on going to Borovets in Bulgaria if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

I haven’t brought a child skiing but over the years I’ve seen plenty in ski schools. Can’t speak for Bulgaria, but in Austria the ski schools are great for kids. The instructor will take them for lunch after the mornings lesson and they meet up with parents afterwards ( about 3 pm usually I think) Don’t think being a single parent should hamper you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We go every year with our kids, and one of our friends brings one of her little fellas - her husband has no interest. The lad goes into ski school all day and they spin around together a bit after it ends. Sometimes we all take a half day or day to ski all together. Definitely easily done. Hotels are nice as you will have all the meals served, you can have a quiet drink in the bar yourself in the evenings. Pools etc. In Austria, they generally give you a decent discount for the kids and the single supplement doesn't seem to be applied (I've booked the holidays the last few years) Also, some rental shops will give you free kit for a kid if adult is renting too. No idea about Bulgaria I'm afraid! DIY is the way to go here, as packages will charge full price.

Advertisement