Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital stay

Options
  • 10-02-2024 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Expecting first baby soon , I went with the public system which has been great . I also have VHI insurance, I'm just wondering can you avail of a private room or semi private room after the birth of baby. Just want to know my options.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

No I think whatever you decide at the beginning is what you have to stick with....I'd imagine if something Healthwise came to light during the pregnancy and you felt going private would be of benefit they would let you swap but post birth I don't think so.

Even going private/semi private you're not guaranteed the room, it is first come first served so if another mother is there before you you'll be out in the public ward until a room becomes available.

Congratulations and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

no, as mentioned whatever route you decide to take at the beginning is the route you must stay in. Private rooms are restricted to those so have attended a consultant privately

Advertisement