Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIKMICRO Alpex LRF 4K

Options
  • 09-02-2024 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey all.

Anyone get a look through one of these scopes yet?

Or has anyone heard anything about them.

I was looking there at YouTube at reviews, call me cynical but I find it hard to know who to trust in regards to these types of reviews. Does anyone know who does good genuine independent reviews on this sort of gear.

Looks a realy good bit of kit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shroughaun

Haven had a look through or seen one but seem to be heavy piece of kit.

Bruce McPherson on YouTube does solid reviews. Sorry can’t post links.

Have you had a look at ARKEN ZULUS LRF ZHD520R 5-20X HD DIGITAL SCOPE. Seems a quality piece of kit for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Tikka391

Yea arken looks good alright.

I liked the look of the Hikmicro, just looks like a traditional rifle scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shroughaun

Yeah very much like using a traditional scope. Would have to be a good choice of IR torch. I think the scope itself weighs 1.1kg. Wonder is it chunky or just compact heavy. Priced reasonably to.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

I have the 4KLRF, very impressed with it. Zeroed it last night with 2 shots then took a fox at 270m. Lighter than a day scope with add on unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭LONG DRAG

Did you have a NV before your new purchase, if so what was it, just wondering what your comparing the 4K LRF against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Can't tell you anything about the scopes,but I've a red dot on my Glock17 made by them,and it works and works well.To put it in context they are considered what TASCO scopes were like in the 1980s. They did what they said on the tin,but were considered "cheap"Yet today Tasco is a pretty good, mid-priced and reliable brand. So expect this company to go far, as while it is made in China. The quality control, equipment and inspections are apparently German standard.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Been using NV for about 8 years now, tested them all at one time or another, Alpex original, PARD DS35, , Sytong add on, Pard Addon

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

I was at the British shooting show at the weekend there and they were five deep at the Scots country stand buying hikmicro stuff. I was after a ziess clip on. I've used a hik micro spotter before and it was a great bit of kit.

Is it true that there's a problem with the 4k, that the PiP doesn't work when using the lrf, also internal battery is used first.

I understand a firmware update will fix the LRF in PiP, but to be honest I hate PIP, it's way too confusing, the 4K has a very nice zoom wheel which super slick.

And yes the internal battery is used first, the 18650 is designed as a life-saver in case you forget to charge or run flat when out shooting.

• Advertisement

It has great revenues, allways a few snags in the beginning.

If your out shortly let us know how it stands up to real world conditions.

All the best with the 4K.

I've been out twice with it mate... not a bother. Took a few Charlie's. Longest so far was 270m but I reckon 350m is doable on a calm night. The LRF works well provided you input the correct data. The image on screen is even better than the YouTube videos show, my first look though it was ...wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jim3592

Hi. where did you purchase the alpex??

Advertisement