Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2013 1.2 Golf or 2012 ct200h ?

Options
  • 09-02-2024 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys! I'm always reading around the forums here, as I always find good advice around here, so I read someone mentioning on a totally different post ''Stay away from the bermula triangle that is Bluebell / Long Mile Rd'' In regards to car garages. But can that be taken for a fact or more like a guideline?

I've got interested by two cars on a garage on D12, and the reviews seems fairly good, apparently they always seek to make it even when someone have an issue, negative reviews every single garage will have as those can't be avoided when buying a used car.

Cars ireland 3558445

Cars ireland 3585998

Sorry I got prevented from posting the actual link as it's a new account.

So I got interested by those 2 cars, I would be trading-in my current car which is a very entry level fiat 500, and getting a more composite hatchback, more enjoyable, etc.

Is there any advice I can get from people here in regards into what I should be looking for? Should I check with my mechanic to see if they can review the car with their own eyes too? I mean, a garage provides 3 months warranty, so from my ignorance I believe it's fairly difficult to hide a issue for that ammount, right? I guess it would cover most of the possible issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭goochy

Get checked by mechanic . Not all used car dealers are bad but you should never presume anything

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

CT200h will be marginally faster with more power and being smaller with less weight, not that it will set the world on fire. When the CT200h was serviced by the Toyota dealer in 2020 it should have got a hybrid health check, see if this is included in the documentation, will indicate the hybrid battery had no issues then when it was tested.

If it was me I would drive both, the sense of space is small on the CT200h with the centre console and can feel confined. I would say the CT200h will feel more refined to drive than the Golf but space in the Golf better.

Advertisement