Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher K3 with patio head...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Cheers, just picked this up! Was in the market for a K4 but K3 should be grand for the price, and I like the addition of the patio head. Also handy that Woodies consider it a small item so delivery was only €6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Are the patio heads any good? I have a K4 compact and loads of patio/driveway to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I just got one last night and tested the patio head in the rain/dark, but so far it seems to work well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

They're decent for light and frequent use and the big advantage is that they curtail/apron the spray/splashback. I have a K4 also with a lot of patio/driveway but typically just stick with the dirt blaster lance (oscillating head and very strong) and rinse down after with the multi-jet head.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭thefa

Would this be able to do the car too?

• Advertisement

Yes, you might want to get a snowfoam lance accessory for car washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

For some reason I was reading it as potato head not patio head. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Craigmore doing 6 years warranty on the K4? Am I reading it correctly?

seems pretty good (even if is €30 more than what Woodies is setting it at)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭johntune

Woodies deal seems to be over.

Is this website reputable

https://ie.brikum.com/garden/gardening/karcher-k-3-high-pressure-cleaner?gad_source=4&gclid=CjwKCAiAuNGuBhAkEiwAGId4agbcTCULWFQhhQ6oN5Ue246OTpfuDtbohv8WgxQ6GR6kl1HgaMbuchoC_YYQAvD_BwE

I believe they are reputable.

I have found the patio head to be very useful, which isn't included in that offer... But if it's suits your needs, it seems like a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

What was the offer price last time?

It's down to €150 now, just wondering if that's a legit reduction

https://www.woodies.ie/karcher-k-3-classic-home-pressure-washer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Patio head is great but delicate - a small stone can easily damage the internal plastic fittings so a good sweep of the area first is essential - I tend to use it in conjunction with the lance depending on whether I need to get into corners etc - but in general the head is worth getting for patios

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

The patio head is way way faster imo, easier to dial in the pressure if using on tarmac to remove moss but not do damage as the jets stay at the same distance when using the head. If you are just using the lance you can get too close sometimes and blow a stone out.

Usually fly around with the head and get everything off then switch to lance to clear the dirt and loosened moss away.

It actually melts my head seeing neighbours spend a couple of days doing their driveway or listening them out the back doing their patios all weekend using only a lance. They'd have it done in a few hours with the patio head. Maybe they just want an excuse to be out of the house I think.

Sadly not valid on garden power tools (amongst a few other exclusions)

Thanks anyway, appreciate the heads up even though it didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Karcher is the Dyson of power washers. Marketing, cheap plastic and parts, owners trying to justify their purchase.

The next 109 euro jobby in Lidl will do the exact same job.

They are certainly cheap plasticy, but there are advantages to buying a brand name… Parts and servicing are available & likley to remain available… A powerhose is something that is hugely upgradable and adaptable with a brand like Karcher. More difficult with a Lidl brand. You are unlikly to get a Lidl hose with a utility as useful as a patio head (althought I'm willing to be corrected on that).

Since I bought my Karcher, I've upgraded it as follows to suit my needs:

*quick release hose connections

*swivel gun connection

*upgraded gun

*spray foam gun (high quality)

*10m flexi hose

*soft brush

These are all things that I wanted to do to manage my home, motorcyle, car & bikes & couldn't be done to the same standard or quality with a Lidl unit and certainly not to the budget as you'd have to buy obscure parts for the Lidl machine. If i ever replace the machine or want to upgrade, all of these components/parts are transferable, you couldn't ensure that you could do that with Lidl… They seem to make things on short term contracts and are known to change component type, connectors and standards in their manufacturing.

For something like a motorcycle where the cleaning regime is very specific, you need to be careful around hubs, bearings, chains etc… I’d prefer to have reliable information and feedback about power rating that comes with a brand like Karcher… theres a lot of users and a lot of information to work from.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I've given up using the patio head. Doesn't seem to get the cobble-lock clean properly.

The lance is the job. Blows all the crud off the blocks and out from between them. Let dry, brush in the sand, and crack open a beer.

Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I got all those "extras" and more the last time I bought from LIDL, it also came with adaptors to suit karcher machines/hoses.

One of the additional extras was a gutter cleaning attachment, for example.

Its at least as powerful as the Karcher I had but I think half the price at the time. No brainer for me.

• Advertisement

Does this look like the one you got?

This was a month ago now, so it's too late anyway, but it seems to not have many accessories and was only €30 cheaper than the Karcher...

https://www.lidl.ie/p/2400w-pressure-washer/p10020664

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭thefa

I bought the Karcher originally posted with the intention of using it on the house I was moving into. Both the front and back have loads of weeds to get rid of and I had a go at the back today just to try to make it more presentable until I decide what to do with it.

Not done but had enough for today and the water was pooling. Found the oscillating lance the only option with enough pressure for this specific job. Must give the patio head another go at the weekend to finish it off but I think it struggled with the heavier grime.

Will definitely get my value out of it. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Now put down a strong clorox solution, leave it for 20mins or so, then agitate it with a brush and rinse off 😉

It will lift away the organic grime and lichen and make another improvement to your already good handiwork so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭geographica

It works wonderfully well on limestone. Clorox is alkaline so it doesn't react with the lime as strongly as other cleaners.

I have a big limestone patio and strong clorox even destroys black lichen. I use a 1:5 solution, lay it down with a garden sprayer to be sure that you reach everywhere, leave 20mins or so, agitate with a brush then wash off with pressure washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭geographica

Cheers

it’s a brand right? Woodies or the likes?

It is a brand but much like "hoover" it's become a synonym for strong concentrated bleach. I picked up Gold Assure Chlor clean in the CoOp a couple of weeks ago, 5ltrs for €16.99 and it's a higher concentration than most others so is very decent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Stay away from Woodies (eye wateringly expensive for anything not on offer), doubtful they'd even have it. Even builder providers such as Goodwins etc generally don't stock Sodium Hypochlorite but will have general bleach which is about 5% hypo. They will have specific paving cleaners but when previously tested never found them great.

I've got Rocklor branded stuff in Drummonds which is 10% hypo but it has gotten expensive in recent years. Was €14 for 5l a couple of months ago while same purchase a couple of years prior was €9. You can get up to 15% hypo from some suppliers but it's difficult to find.

Advertisement