Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPASS Cert in Payroll Techniques

Options
  • 09-02-2024 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi folks

I’ve put my name down for this course in work , it will be one morning a week for 10 weeks with 2 stages.

I think I thought it might be good for future promotion comps but having received the material I’m questioning my reasoning as it looks fairly heavy going!

has anyone completed this ? How did ye find it l?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If it was easy it everyone would have one and it would not be worth much when it comes to promotion now would it....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

I did an iPass Payroll course about 20 years ago which I found beneficial. However, it did not have any Payroll Software component - just how to manually compute payroll.

Out of interest, is there a Payroll software component to this now? I beiieve IPass has been bought out by Bright/ HG Capital so this may have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynnington3

I didn’t say I thought it would be easy, I asked how did people find it but thanks anyway for the super helpful passive aggressive comment

I’ve had a quick flick through the stage 1 handbook and can’t see anything about payroll software , just manual calculations. Could be a component of stage 2 though

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gaxaly

You seem quick-tempered and lazy! Maybe payroll is not a career for you!

• Advertisement

Funny that, as I already work in payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gaxaly

You already work in payroll but you don’t have the basic IPASS Cert in Payroll Techniques!? I hope you have at least a qualification in accounting or taxation!

do you know anything about the civil service mate? Clearly not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭hold my beer

The Civil Service have you working in payroll and you have no qualifications?

I have a level 8 degree unrelated to payroll but I would say 80% of the employees working in payroll units in the CS have no qualifications in payroll. It really isn’t needed. The systems are automated. The IPASS course is something you can do if you’d like but there’s absolutely no requirement for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Out of interest what grade in the CS would payroll employees usually be?

the people running the actually payrolls are clerical officers with executive officers doing a few more complicated steps , with HEO supervising.

Advertisement