Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to buy? 25k budget

Options
  • 09-02-2024 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm looking to change car in next couple months. I have a bit of cash coming to me so will have the opportunity. Between trade in and cash I'll roughly have approx €25,000 to spend, the most by far that I've ever had available towards a car.

Currently have a 2014 Kia optima for last 5 years. Got on very well with it.

Open to suggestions?

I've thought about the likes of Kia Sportage/Hyundai Tucson/ Renault kadjar. Never had an suv type car before

I'm actually open to anything as I've been thinking about the likes of a VW Golf too which obviously is very different again to an suv.

Currently driving round trip to work of 80 miles, half that on motorway

Things I like are decent Bluetooth system, cruise control, good size boot, parking sensors.

It's only myself so no kids to accommodate or anything like that.

I'd be looking to keep car for 10 years plus if possible, I'm not one to change often

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

The missus has a Tucson SE and she loves it. Plenty of boot space, the BT system is fine (though the speakers aren't fantastic) and the cruise control is fine once you figure it out. We got a near-top of the line one from up North, it's a TGDi Blue Drive SE NAV model for less than €17k incl. VRT, though I see you mention trade in value in your OP so that might not be an option.

Here's a 2019 version with about 20k kilometers on it for about €17,500, though we got it before the Nox bs charges came in. The cheapest equivalent on Carzone is €26k+, with nearly double the mileage, so there's still value to be gotten importing. If you're in no hurry to get rid of the Optima, you could take your time trying to sell it privately and put the cash towards an import when you do get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭monseiur

Seeing that you plan to keep your new purchase for 10+ years consider an Audi A4 or A6 diesel - for comfort, class, safety & reliability. Once you drive a VAG you'll never look at a car from the Orient again - as Jimmy Magee used to say 'different class'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭goochy

High spec. Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Arteon

Advertisement