Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AAWireless Seat Ateca- Wireless Android Adapter

Options
  • 09-02-2024 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

Hi

Thought I would post here rather than Android as want to see if any Seat owners use this

Looking at getting AAWireless https://www.aawireless.io/ for the car as tired of wires. Googling it and seems to have good and bad points

Just wondering if anyone has it and any issues etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No idea about compatibility with a Seat Alteca but I have one in my Kia niro and it works fine. My only complaint is the variable amount of time it needs to establish a connection, but that may be down to the variable amount of time the head unit itself seems to need to start up. Each make of car seems to have it's own idiosyncrasies and there are workarounds in the settings for some makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭djan

I have wireless AA/Carplay and while it's great bear in mind that using it (especially for navigation) drains the phone battery substantially which obviously doesn't happen when you use a wired connection.

The AAwireless seems to get good reviews but it's just a standard wireless box of which there are many on Amazon for a lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JamBur

I have one. It works well. For a longer journey I still prefer to plug in my phone, but for the short trips its great. As mentioned earlier, it does drain battery on longer trips, and you will feel your phone is warm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I just plug the phone in for Android Auto and find it great. Wireless isn't much of an attraction tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I have one of those adapters but I don't have a SEAT. Should work in the same way though and it is great. I do have a wireless charging pad built into my car so I have no issues with keeping the phone juiced up but if you don't have this facility, wireless AA will drain your battery in relatively short order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I just leave the phone in my pocket for short trips, so battery drain isn't really an issue, but I put it on the wireless charging tray on longer ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

cheers I might try it

have wireless charging tray but right beside usb port. Although dongle small so would be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

So bought it and so far so good

can't get AA stream or aa mirror working but might be to do with my phone

Advertisement