Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install zoned heating

Options
  • 09-02-2024 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

At the moment our heating is split into two zones, upstairs and downstairs. When the house heating is on it will heat the water but hot water cannot be run on its own. Downstairs heating can be turned on seperate to upstairs however in order to heat upstairs the downstairs zone needs to be on do not helpful if I want to heat bedrooms etc during the night.

I'm looking to install more heating zones that can work independent of each other as well as seperate hot water controls. Any suggestions how to go about this and is it a big job? Guide price?

We have oil heating with a grant condenser boiler, around 5 years old I think. Just bought our house last year; built in 1997.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

The cost and amount of work involved will depend on whether your house is plumbed to work like that or it's like that because of a fault.

You'll need someone to look at it to work it out.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭User567363

I have a very similar setup, but i just use the trv's on the rads to limit the temperature in each room and have a stat in the hall to turn on the boiler whej temp drops below a 20c

I use the immersion on a timer to ensure there is always hot water in the morning and at 5pm

Works out surprislingly cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

€700 grant available if you don't already have zones. This would take the sting out of the cost

Advertisement