Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance Recommended

Options
  • 09-02-2024 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Im looking to get the best pet insurance for my puppy and have been advised not to go with Pets.ie insurance as they aren’t good??

Can anyone recommend Pet Insurance or what I should look for in pet insurance.

i see An Post give Pet Insurance and two months free with a code. They any good?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I recommend Allianz.

Do not even touch the company with a colour in its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

+1 for Allianz! Just fill the form in at the vets and they submit the claim for you so no hassle. Some vets also do direct claim so you just pay your excess and they claim the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hmm, I'd never heard of them before but their website doesn't really inspire confidence. They also seem to advertise under a few other names, and only when you delve deeper do you find they're the same company, underwritten by a company in Slovenia. An Post pet insurance use the same company.

In any case, +1 again for Allianz, I used them for years and there was never any problems with claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭JVince

Allianz here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

Allianz here as well, easy company to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Pursuit

Thank you all! I think I’ll go with Allianz! I much appreciate your input.

May I also ask is there anything in particular that is a must to have on pet insurance that I may not realise? I just don’t want a problem in future - my dog is great health.

I had insured my late cat, BooBoo, with Aviva. Their IT dept is deplorable.bit their claims dept is way superior in my experience.

Two years before he died, BooBoo was diagnosed with bone cancer on the femur by the pelvis. A lot of tests followed by an extremely , not tried before, amputation, and hospitalisation. Lots of investigations to justify this novel surgery.

He had so many tests, and other surgeries when young. Now he died a few years ago, but my experience is that Aviva was terrific at actually settling claims, even if their app is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm in the North so there's no point in me recommending any insurers but I would say that you should try to take out lifetime cover for as much as you can afford in premiums. Vet costs are insanely high. Our little cat had anemia and some sort of immune disease or lymphoma last year and the fees for all the investigative work came to over 6k. She was too sick in the end and we never got a proper diagnosis before we let her go. Our insurance only covered 2k of those fees. Everything else had to be paid out of pocket. We could afford it using savings but most couldn't. We were happy to pay knowing we tried everything possible to save her but it would've been devastating to have to give up because of costs.

I'm now paying £120 a year for the top range cover for my other cat. He's worth every penny.

Advertisement