Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separating from ex girlfriend - what do I owe her?

Options
  • 08-02-2024 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking for advice. I have a toddler with my now ex girlfriend. We were never married, she worked before she had our daughter and she lives in my house. About a year into our relationship after having our baby, our relationship came to an end. My ex never returned to work after having our daughter (who is 2). I pay for absolutely everything. Obviously now that our relationship is over, we cannot live together. I have gone to my solicitor who has told me it is my responsibility to put a roof over my child’s head and pay maintenance.I have no issues doing this. I am going to get a mortgage to do this.My question is besides providing accommodation and child maintenance, do I have to give my ex girlfriend any “pay out” or money to get her back on her feet while she (hopefully) returns to work?

Comments

Advertisement