Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Issue with ownership transfer

Options
  • 08-02-2024 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I bought a car in a private sale on the 22nd of January, log book signed and dated there and then. The seller then said he posted off the log book on the 25th, and I have been refreshing the motortax website ever since and still no update on the transfer.

I have been messaging the seller since the week after the sale and giving it time just in case there has been a delay in Shannon with all the new car registrations.

But it's been 3 weeks now and I am nowhere, the seller says that he is calling them, but then not updating me on what they are telling him.

I'm assuming that the next step would be for the seller to go and request a replacement log book if it was lost in the post and refill out my details and send it off again.

Other than that, is there anything I can do? Can I force through a ownership transfer? I took photos of the log book signed and dated by both of us.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement