Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner App Development Recommendations

Options
  • 08-02-2024 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Hi.

tried posting this in Auld Wans asking IT Questions thread (as I am over 55 and asking an IT question) but I was told to ask in one of the Comuter threads ... so will try here :-)

I am looking to learn how to code my own mobile (android) apps. Anyone got a recommendation?

My coding skills were pretty good as I spent many years in IT on mainframes, but that was all before the internet & Java etc.

Looking for something free, and something I can do in my own time at home (not person lead).

I want to code apps for my own phone for my own use.

have spent a minute on google looking for same but it takes ages to drill down through each offering but none seem suitable and I dont want to sign up to one that later turns out to be coding in Python with no App development later. Or is it the same thing? Dont like signing up to too many things either as it fills up my inbox / spam.

thx folks

Comments

Advertisement