Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH Router Coverage Within the Home

Options
  • 08-02-2024 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, we're currently with Pure for our FTTH 500 but need to move provider due to price increase. My question - is there any discernible difference between the routers supplied by the other companies (we're looking at possibly Digiweb, Sky or Vodafone) in terms of how well the signal is delivered throughout the house?

The router that we have with Pure only covers around 50% or so of the ground floor of our house (all our walls and floors are concrete, which doesn't help) and I use a TP Link extender which only just manages to extend it to the upstairs rooms. Digiweb's router sounds like it might be a bit more promising - any opinions or experiences with the different routers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Is the box from Pure not a Fritzbox?

The Fritzbox 7530 supplied by Digiweb has been rock solid for me. Simple easy interface and good wifi coverage. You can also buy a 2nd hand re-furb 7530 off Digiweb for 50 Euro and put that as a repeater in the house. It can join the 7530 master as part of a wifi mesh, meaning it can hand over wifi devices between the Fritzbox depending on strength of signal as you move about the house. I've a few setup this way and get nearly the full internet speed via these mesh repeaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

Thanks - our Pure router is a F2000. We’ve been with Pure quite a while and I naively didn’t think to check whether they offered a better router. The Digiweb mesh solution sounds like it could be a good option for us then, especially if it would save the hassle of constantly switching between the router and the TP Link extender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Pure are still providing rebadged eir F3000 routers on open eir connections (I just signed up to them last month and got one)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

How are you finding the WiFi coverage with your router, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I don't know what the coverage is like with it - I run my own Unifi setup connected directly to the ONT

• Advertisement
Advertisement