Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I own a digital thermostat and am in need of a steer on the basics

Options
  • 07-02-2024 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭

If a thermostat runs on a 24 hour program and the program's " hour notches" are filled in from 6-23 and not filled in from 23-6 that means the 🌞 setting is 6-23 and the 🌜 setting is is 23-6. correct?

Therefore I should have a comfort temperature on the 🌜 setting of say 7 degrees Celsius lower than the 🌞 setting? If you have the same comfort temperature on both it really holds no value. Correct?

Because the workman seemed to set it up with the same comfort temperature for both settings. Which seems pointless but l'm at a loss why the workman would do that. I noticed my radiators were on in the middle of the night which I don't want.

Am I understanding this situation correctly? I originally thought if the hour notches were blank between 23-6 that that would mean no gas whatsoever would be expended in these hours but that wasn't the case until I reduced the comfort temperature for these hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can you please post a pic of the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

My main question is why an installer would set the same comfort temperature for the night and day. Surely it should be lower in the night setting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

For the most part the installer will make sure it functions. They will give you a basic rundown on it, but will not spend endless time teaching someone how to become tech savvy.

See if you can find and download a manual for it. Otherwise phone the installer and tell them that you'll pay them to come back and program it for you.

I'm talking from experience. I've installed WiFi systems for people who still owned a Nokia phone. They had no idea what buying a wifi system entailed.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

It’s more why when installing and setting up a program why would you set up the same comfort temperature for the night and day. Is that normal? To setup a program that would have gas burning all night seems deeply stupid but wanted other opinions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement