Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC channels now streaming in Sky Go app

Options
  • 07-02-2024 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

I noticed recently that the listings for BBC channels weren't updating in the Sky Go app. I checked again tonight and noticed that you can now watch BBC 1, 2 and 4 on the app.

BBC 3 still gives a warning about rights restrictions so is unavailable.

Anyone know if this is a permanent change?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭waywill1966

I wonder what will happen when satellite services finish in the next few years? Will we in Ireland lose the main UK stations through geoblocking via streaming? I would miss having BBC,ITV,CH4 and CH5 as they are the ones I watch most

Too early to tell really. Satellite will be around to at least 2028 but after that who knows - Sky it appears are already looking at cutting a substantial amount of installer jobs which means they probably don’t see a long term future with that platform. However there’s still a huge installed base and no moves to move them over yet and the commercial side will be a big challenge.

Regardless, while the linear channels still exist, I expect BBC and Channel 4 channels to continue to be available here indefinitely on cable and the cable-like IPTV platforms (Sky Stream/eir/Vodafone).

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭OrangeLavender

I really miss the ability to set recordings on the BBC channels from the Sky Go app. Is this permanently gone so?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I just checked my app there and you can record from the app on all the BBC channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

@cloudhopper19 Thanks for checking - that's strange so! When I go to any BBC channels on sky go - I can't see the TV schedule and can't record. I've checked for updates and don't seem to have any for the app

You seem to be trying to record the now defunct SD version. If for some reason you’re seeing that on 141, try looking on channel 832.

Lifesaver! That worked. I didn't notice that the hd was further down. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Strange, I noticed this today myself. Seems the same is true for all HD channels, ie RTE2 has the SD version at 102 on Sky go despite the HD version being at that channel number on my Q box... Hopefully sky update this soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 eliza82

Exciting news for Sky Go users! The addition of BBC channels enriches the streaming experience, offering a diverse range of quality content. Whether it's news, documentaries, or entertainment, having BBC channels accessible within the app enhances convenience and entertainment options. Cheers to Sky for expanding its offerings.

Advertisement