Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 canyon carbon endurance for 2024 canyon endurance aluminium?

Options
  • 07-02-2024 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I was thinking of selling my 2015 cf endurance cf 10 with 105. 

I was going to get the canyon endurance al 7rb. https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes/endurance-bikes/endurace/al/endurace-7-rb/2731.html

Id just like something newer and i love that teak /green colour. I have a set of kyrsim sl's rim to throw onto it that are a premium wheel that are light and very comfortable.

Would there be much difference in comfort between a 2015 carbon canyon and a 2024 aluminium canyon please ? I love rim brakes and 105 mechanical is more than enough for me so its the only bike id consider as its great value.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭ARX

I can't answer your question but I bought one of those last year and immediately returned it because it was so badly assembled. This seems to be a common theme with Canyon, so their QC is probably nonexistent - good, bad or indifferent, it all goes out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭fat bloke

As a counterpoint to the above. I've had no issue with canyon bikes or parts. My neighbour has had 4 of them, no issues. My brother in law has a CF SLX. No issue. All fabulous bikes.

If Canyon assemble the above bike properly and deliver it to you safely, and you put your ksyriums on it then you'll have yourself a crackin' bike, no doubt at all about that in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Had one canyon - CF SLX and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

The 2015 canyon I have now is still amazing. It's better than a 2020 carbon giant defy I had. But its nearly 10 years old and black which is looking a little dated. I could even get it sprayed but you can't beat the new bike feeling.

https://youtu.be/_otX0-55JMA?si=fpSUv0SGb1Wy9N4E

There're some issues with some of them alright but that happens to most manufacturers. I had a brand new giant defy with a faulty rear hub. Had to get a whole new wheel as the hubs were over tightened in the factory and the mechanic couldn't get it off. Replaced under warranty. I found giants warranty replacement to be excellent in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

I’d be looking to spruce up the bike you have as opposed to buying new.

I know it can be a bit boring riding the same bike year after year but if the old one is perfect, buying a new one is a waste of money and resources, in my opinion.

Maybe look at a cycling holiday instead? A couple of grand would go a long way

I was thinking about getting the canyon resprayed but it's not easy finding somewhere. People that have done it before aren't doing it now due to making very little money on it.

Advertisement