Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

concerned about super ser

Options
  • 07-02-2024 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

using super ser butane gas heaters for years in the home, not a second thought going to pickup a cylinder of gas or having it delivered from the local hardware, a little over a week ago the heater started to splutter usually indicating that the gas was running out, i would often let it completely run out, then turn it off change the gas cylinder, we have been doing this for years.

though a week ago the gas heater began to splutter, we turned it off waiting until the next day when i went to get a new gas, i don’t have a so i transport it in a four wheel trolley, got it home waited for a few hours before attaching it, eventually i did when igniting the heater the flame only came on not igniting the front grid single bar as it normally would, turned it off, detached reattached same issue, i reattached the near empty cylinder the ignition normal single front grid lighting though spluttering, 

went got a replacement gas, ignited the grid lighting normal though flame looked bigger then normal flame, so i turned it off not confident in the heater now, has anyone else had this issue, it has definitely knocked my confidence in the super ser heater

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭10-10-20

It might be a problem with the pressure-regulator. You can get replacements at any location which supplies BBQ's or usually plumbing suppliers too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Make sure you've a working carbon monoxide monitor.

MOD NOTE. I'll delete your other post.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I grew up with super ser. I remember getting the gas cylinder home in a buggy when it was my turn to get one. Very effective type of heat but horrible things at the same time. I think most homes had one in the 70s and 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I actually bought one a few weeks ago for emergency use after the power cuts.

Found it tight going with no heating for over 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The gas regulators definitely play up as they get old so I'd change that first, if you hunt around you should get one for under €20 (builders merchants are best bet Woddies at nearly €30 is a rip off).

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes we bought a SuperSer when things kicked off in Ukraine as a backup, I remember reading in either the manual for it or on the Flogas website that the regulator should be replaced every 12 months as a precaution, probably overkill but a recommendation none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I have had to change the regulator on a couple of camping stoves and on the cooker recently. The new ones don't last more than a year or two. I would love to be able to find the previous model.

Advertisement