Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else lost the Great! / True Romance channels?

Options
  • 07-02-2024 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Asking for a friend 😆

The Freesat EPG was blank for these channels this morning and a re-tune now doesn’t pick up the channel numbers at all. (I am running an ageing Humax HDR)

They are still broadcasting FTA, so maybe just a glitch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

They've been removed from the Freesat EPG - https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/surprise-removal-of-nine-freesat-channels/

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Thanks for that, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

These channels are still broadcasting it is just that they are no longer paying to be on the FreeSat EPG.

11307 V 27500 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

For some smaller channels it is too costly to remain on FreeSats EPG.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/freesat-bears-brunt-of-major-changes-ahead/

Maybe it’s finally time for me to bite the bullet and install the Raydon custom firmware and put the FTA channels back on the EPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

All the Great channels are gone from Freesat .This maybe a sky paywall job .To HD on sky .https://rxtvinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/rx-narrative-entertainment-9-freesat-channels-.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Nothing to do with a Sky paywall or any of the channels going HD. They simply left Freesat as it isn't a big platform and the cost of the EPG slots was considered not worth it for the small number of extra viewers it brought. The channels can still be tuned in on a Freesat received or any other satellite receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

They are not gone. I have them all tuned in here. No EPG but we don't use it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Ah feck. I was enjoying the reruns of The Avengers on it!

They are still freely available, you just have to tune them manually. see post 4 above.

Well I went ahead and installed the Raydon custom firmware (only 12 years overdue 😆).

Was a surprisingly simple and automated process. Once I added the channel editor package, I was able to bump the Great channels back onto the Freesat EPG.

Apart from losing 7-day listing for these channels, which I was expecting (currently also missing Now/Next though which is a bit weird), it’s a perfectly workable solution.

OH was pining at loss of Murder She Wrote, MASH etc etc, so I have earned some brownie points today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I gained a new Great! channel this week
    Great!real and real+1

I must have missed the announcement about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Well I now have 5 Great! channels and their +1 so 10 channels whereas before I had only 4(8).

Maybe I was missing the fifth all along?

Great!tv
    Great!romance
    Great!real
    Great!movies
    Great!action

• Registered Users Posts: 15,482 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Great Real is only around a few weeks, didn't see any announcements about it.

I remember tuning them in before they had a channel name

• Registered Users Posts: 17,256 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Opportune thread bump here - anyone have (free) suggestions for getting EPG on Kodi (use EPG centre but as above no data anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

fritzelly say a bit more, do you mean FTA sat channels? what box and image are you using? and then it might be an idea to do a separate thread but need more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,256 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Mean just the Great channels, have EPG for everything else - this is on W11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I have lost Great channels overnight. They had been going on the blink. I retuned them at 11306 27500 V 5/6. However the frequency changed to H and showing Channel 5 or 5 Select. No other channels swap around or go blank like this. Is this all linked to the EPG matter discussed abov

I have a Tiviar Alpha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just use signal finder and make sure you have VERTICAL selected then scan and they will appear under last scanned. You have to move them to the movies bouquet etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Thanks

I know how to scan them in, have returned channels after freq changes (like BBC move to HD).Wat I find odd is they are automatically changing frequency in the bouquet and some ties it's Channel 5+1. This can happen while you are watching the channel. No other channels change like this. Some of the Great channels just go blank when watching and it's because the saved transponder setting have changed in the bouquet. Maybe it's a Tiviar fault

• Advertisement
Advertisement