Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubbed Brazilian crime drama shown on Network 2 late 80s.

Options
  • 07-02-2024 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭

Wonder if anyone can identify this series which was shown on Network 2 in 1988 or 89? Have a feeling it was a mini series rather than long form. It wasn't a movie.

Was set in a big city, most likely Rio. There was an attractive youngish (30s) female detective with her hair in a bob. Not sure if she was the main character. I think there might have been a wider plot about corruption.

One scene where she's interrogating a suspect, a sweaty middle aged black guy. Hes been roughed up by some of her male colleagues . His dubbed voice was a stereotypical African American "jive talking" accent. One line of dialogue of his I remember was "i dont know nothin lady".

Later on female cop is with her colleagues searchig for yer man in a favella when she sees a bunch of street kids around a bonfire throwing tyres etc into it, she realisess that they're burning the body of the black guy she was interrogating. Implication was that he was an important witness in whatever skullduggery the wider plot involved

Thats more or less I can remember of it. Its not much to go on I'll admit.

Advertisement