Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design ideas for semi-d

Options
  • 07-02-2024 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I bought a 4 bed semi d a couple of years ago. It's relatively standard except the kitchen has been extended to have a living area.

Neither my wife or I are anyway creative but we have done okay picking out things like sofas and kitchen table etc. However i struggle with making decisions on paint or doing other bits of work done that could improve the feel or use.

When I look on Pinterest or Instagram for inspiration it's either non Irish house or if Irish large self built house so not very relevant.

Is there anywhere that has more standard Irish houses? I know there is a lot less you can do with a semi d. but with less room design can be more important imo.

Alternatively can I hire an architect or interior designer for a few hours to bounce questions off and get ideas. Not sure which I need. I more interested in the design and maybe a stear on what kind color could work than say getting into the details of fabrics. Could possibly even be done online I guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hi I redid my house a few years Back(3 bed semi)! I had all tge bits but for some reason, it did not work. It was just meh!!!

I git a colour consult with an interior designer and she suggested a few colours and ideas. She recommended building in an alcove which I would have never considered and it looks fantastic.

Once I got the colour, it literally all came together for me and I picked all the accessories and the furniture myself. I didn’t go entirely the way she suggested, but once I got the colour, my iown inspiration took over. It was 250 at the time for the consult and well worth it.

why don’t you contact colourtrend first, they often have interior designers / consultants giving advices.

Advertisement