Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell rental property to council or open market

Options
  • 06-02-2024 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm looking to sell my rental property. It was my primary dwelling for 9 years before I started renting it out 4 or 5 years ago through an estate agent. I've asked them for a guide price on the property if I was looking to sell and how much. Notice I need to give the current tenants.

They've come back with a price of about 230k for houses in the area and that I need to give 180 days notice. They've also asked if I'd like them to get in touch with the council to see if they'd be interested in taking the house, this would mean I wouldn't have to wait out the notice and they could work on it with the tenant still in place. Something I never considered or knew was a option.

Does anyone have experience in a similar situation? How does the council purchase work? Would I be better putting it on the open market to get a better price?

Comments

Advertisement