Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 508GT SW oil leak

Options
  • 06-02-2024 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

i purchased a 2019 508 in the north. It’s a 2.0 diese.lLovely car but I’m having a bit of bother with the sump plug.

Had one major leak before Christmas. Sump plug was the issue. Had the dealer cover the cost with a Peugeot garage in Galway.

fast forward the car is leaking again, this time it’s not as major however on close inspection it’s coming from the sump.

had a mate dbl check the sump for damage and there’s no cracks, bumps or anything. They verified it’s coming through the plug and left it as it’s under warranty still.. Apparently plugs these days are a lot more plastic, no threads just turn it 90 degrees.

my question is has anyone had a similar issue and how would I be best to address it without having to replace the plug so soon again

Comments

Advertisement