Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing Car late from North to South

Options
  • 06-02-2024 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I moved to the ROI from the North back a few months ago but I never got round to importing my car into the south. Would like to now get it sorted however reading up on it, I've seen that I should have done it within 7 days of moving into the south. Will I get fined for being late with this or anything else? Or should I just try sell the car and buy a car in the south instead.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

The late penalty is only 0.1% every day starting after 30 days

Also you probably could have used Transfer of Residence exemption for free VRT. Not sure if thats possible now.

Advertisement